High school was a difficult time for me, in fact I went to FOUR different high schools. I had trouble making friends (thanks to the moves) and ended up struggling in school. I had a lot of difficulty keeping my anxiety in control which in turn made me miss out on a lot of opportunities. So here is a few things I wish I could tell my high school self…
- It’s okay to ask the teacher for help! Instead of being so shy and thinking they are judging me, I should have just gone to them.
- Don’t worry about having a boyfriend in high school.
- Picking your college major isn’t going to determine your career path in life!
- There’s nothing wrong with not wanting to go out drinking like all the other kids, you aren’t a loser.
- Anxiety will be a lifelong thing but that doesn’t mean it can’t be managed.
- You don’t need to be “perfect” at everything you do, it’s okay to fail.
- Accept yourself instead of hating yourself.
So.. what are things you would tell your high school/younger self?