Do I Really Have A Soul Mate?

boy-1312796_960_720.png

Not everyone believes in soul mates, and I’m on the fence myself. Is there really only ONE person in this entire world that is perfect for me? I find it hard to believe that, considering the sheer population of this planet. And what if my soul mate is living in Spain? What if my soul mate has already gotten married? What if my soul mate died last week? Am I doomed for the rest of my love life? I really hope not.

I would love to have that fairy tale ending where I have my own Prince Charming. Of course, I can’t wait around for that. I don’t want to be sitting on my bed wishing every day for the next twenty years that he will come walking through my door. I promise you, I’m not here to totally bash the theory of soul mates. I’ve definitely met couples who seem great together. I’m sure in their minds they have found their soul mates, and I am truly happy for them. However, I believe the majority of relationships have their ups and downs, twists and turns. So I’d be worried if a relationship was all glitters and rainbows. I’m curious as to how many people believe they have married their soul mate?

So yes, maybe there are soul mates, but I think that word should be plural. There’s multiple people in this world that I would be “perfect” with. Instead of 1 in 7 billion how about 25 in 7 billion? Chances are I wont meet more than one or two of them in my life, but as long as I feel like I’m with someone who strengthens me then I’ll be happy.

But I’m just a young naive girl, what do I know about marriage? 🙂

6 thoughts on “Do I Really Have A Soul Mate?

1. mochasunshine27 says:

From my standpoint we all have soulmates that are made just for us. When you connect with that person you connect. Connecting mean that when your away from them you can feel their presence. When you are going through something in life without a word they know what is going on. I have experience this type of connection as a young ladies and as a woman. It’s truly a Beautiful thing. Just live. Don’t search your soulmate will come to you.

2. Cait says:

I agree that there are multiple people that could be perfect for us. Think about the widows in the world who have gotten remarried. Do you think they thought to themselves, “Well, my one true soulmate has passed away so now I am just going to settle for whoever comes along next”? No, they could be just as happy, if not happier, with their new spouse. I think we are meant to find certain people in our life and we are meant to fall in love with lots of them.

3. IAmDonovan says:

I’d like to believe in soulmates and I do believe that some people found their best match, but realistically, like you said, there are so many people in this world to really know if someone is indeed YOURS. Especially in my case where I come from a fairly small town and go to a fairly small school, so it’s hard to really experience a lot.

4. krazykoalatree says:

Amazing! I do believe one day if not forever you’ll find someone your truly happy with I mention it a bit in my relationship blog post but look at it this way how many people do you know who have kids or have had them? They must have been deeply in love to have them so you will find someone….I feel exactly the same as you do girl X love you and you posts

Liked by 1 person

5. Ashli says:

I think it’s a combination of things. I believe people either are or aren’t compatible, but all relationships take work. You either want the same things and value the same things or you don’t. When those things align, it makes it easier to put the work into relationships. But it’s a choice. I don’t think my boyfriend and I found each other because of “fate” or “soulmates.” I probably could be just as happy with someone else if my life didn’t turn out the way it has, and so could he. But a healthy relationship with unconditional love is a choice two people make.

Liked by 1 person

6. A Floating Speck says:

I do believe we have a soul mate . I think it takes a lot of patience but eventually you meet a person that you feel like you have known all your life and they love you unconditionally . It’s the best feeling in the world and worth living for . 😊